If you are an active follower of my social media accounts you will know that one of mine and Brians favourite thing to do is go out for ice cream dates. It’s so difficult to not resist temptation and grab an ice cream on a hot day, especially living so close to many dessert restaurants including Miann and Ben and Jerry’s. This is one of Brian’s and mine most unhealthy habits can become relativity costly as well, so I thought I would share with you some of my favourite ice lolly recipes to make at home as these can be healthier and a lot cheaper!
Strawberry ice lollies
- 250g strawberries
- 100ml natural yoghurt
- 1 teaspoon honey
- Whizz up the strawberries, yoghurt and the honey in a blender or food processor.
- Add a little more honey if you think the mixture is too tangy.
- Divide the strawberry mixture between 4 ice lolly moulds and then pop a stick into the middle of every one.
- Put the ice lollies in the freezer for around 4 hours.
Tropical Granola Lollies
- 2 large mangos
- 2 large bananas
- 8 tbsp coconut milk
- 100g granola
- 100g dark chocolate
- Puree the mango, banana and coconut milk in a blender until smooth. Pour the mixture into ice lolly moulds and freeze overnight
- Whizz granola in the food processor to remove any large lumps.
- Melt the chocolate into a bowl over a pan of simmering water. Ensure that the bowl doesn’t touch the water in the pan.
- Remove ice lollies from a mould and dip the tips into the chocolate and then into the granola. Place onto a baking tray to set and then eat or put back into the freezer.
Mango and lime lollies
- 2 and 1/2 frozen mango cheeks (or 2 fresh mangos)
- Zest of 1 lime
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1/3 cup coconut milk
- Place mango, lime zest, lime juice and coconut milk into a food processor and mix until well combined.
- Pour into lolly moulds and freeze overnight
Super easy Green Juice Ice Lolly
- 1/2 pineapple
- 1 cucumber
- 1 apple
- the handful of spinach
- the small handful of mint.
- Blend all of the ingredients together until you have a liquid.
- Place mixture in the mould and then freeze until hard.
- Zest and juice of 1/2 lemon
- Zest and juice of 1 lime
- 500ml water
- 10ml maple syrup
- 2 pinches of cayenne pepper
- Mix the lemon and lime juice with the water and zest
- Add the maple syrup and cayenne pepper and stir thoroughly
- Pour into moulds and freeze.